Monday, November 17, 2008

Race Week

Normally I'd be very anxious and excited to hop on the airplane for the race...but right now I want every second to go by like an hour in hopes that my foot will be 100% on Sunday. Saturday I saw Donald in the morning and got the deepest tissue work ever on the left leg- all along the anterior shin as it appears to be an aggravated peroneal tendon(s) that's giving me problems. I iced religiously that night and woke up feeling a lot better yesterday. At least now I can walk.
In order to be on the safest side, I won't run until the race...haha...wow, we'll see how that goes. I just have to remain positive that by resting it I will run like normal, pain free.
I am however doing little 30min sessions of water running and am really becoming quite the expert at it. Since July I probably will have logged 1/2 of my running time in the water- sweet.
It's possible that this situation can have a beneficial outcome. If I'm able to run pain free on race day, the added rest coupled with the non-impact preservation of form via water running and the absolute fire burning inside me to run HARD(!) will help me finish stronger than if this had not happened....or so I pray ;)