Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's gonna be a looong night

I started drinking coffee last year and was immediately fascinated with the ability to be twice as productive and effectively handle training with 18-hour semesters. Today I decided to try a latte. Before I had stuck strictly to 2 cups of black and the occasional "misto" or coffee w/ steamed milk or soymilk. Well, my conclusion is this wasn't the best idea. The latte obviously had a yummier taste especially in the cold weather when there's nothing like sipping something hot and frothy. I really underestimated the power of espresso because I had read that its caffeine content was less than drip coffee. Therefore, at mid-day, knowing I had track this evening at 6 (I'm used to eating dinner at that time to be in bed no later than 8:30), I ordered another one!!!!

So now it's almost 9:30 and I'm absolutely wired. I have a couple of DVDs to return to Blockbuster so will probably get that done now and rent some more- maybe that will put me to sleep by about 3am. I've been on such a high all day that I managed to get a weekend's worth of homework/studying for final exams in about 3 hours.

The great thing is, track went awesome. It definitely didn't feel like 6pm- more like 6am...I was ready to roll. We did 800s, I don't remember how many. This guy, who happened to be from Mexico too ha, and I stuck together pretty much throughout the workout. We were doing different efforts ranging from 70-90% per 400, coming in from 1:20s-1:35 (per 400 duh). Nowhere near blazing haha yet it was good to work with speed again! I love track :) cuz it just kicks your butt and then makes you feel awesome after.

Alright I'm gonna go pick out some more movies. I'm returning Mr. Brooks, The Pursuit of Happiness, and Open Water. The first one was really good- a true thriller but the ending sucked! The second was super motivational, I even cried :( The last one is about a couple left out at sea by a scuba diving boat and their struggle to survive amidst sharks, dehydration, starvation, etc....I love survival/wildlife movies. OK well there you have my movie reviews.

Good night!