Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Xterra!


I'll be adding whatever Xterra trail run I can every year- freakin' awesome! I'd been told Black Mtn was a flat course. Clearly, whoever thought that is mad. This 15km ended up nearing 2,000ft in elevation gain with 2-3 significantly LONG hills. It was a blast and always good to see familiar faces. With fellow tri nerds there- Tawnee, Lauren, Kristin, Caroline, & Linsey, I was able to get in a good 2hr run with w/up & c/down. Adding to that my surprisingly strong treadmill session in the afternoon- I banked 3hrs running Sunday :D


Monday I woke up early to swim & walking as if I'd done Ironman. Not too mention, quite FRIED. I guess I'm a softy for trail races- hence the need to add lots more to the schedule. The bummer is this year two were already canceled due to rainy weather.

I soaked up the rest coach gave me and had a great time with my mom. She left this afternoon and I'm now counting down the days until her & my bro are here in the summer.

Back to work tomorrow starting with Swami's Wed ride!