Monday, June 23, 2008

On Point

That's it...training post Worlds has been awesome. Both track sessions went perfectly, I ran a PR at the mile TT we did Saturday, got in some great un-interupted rides (I really dislike stopping in the middle of a <4hrs ride), got back in the weight room 5X which is always a plus, and my swimming feels surprisingly smooth.
Last night I was beginning to wonder if Ahmed had some twisted plan and somehow I'd get all active recovery this week and still no days off, but he pulled through :) haha. So today and tomorrow it's pure chill. My brother and I are gonna go visit the Nature & Science Museum today and the Art one tomorrow. Last night we started our R&R by renting Untraceable...you gotta see it, super thriller. For some reason though I couldn't sleep very well, waking up every 2-3 hrs. Hopefully if I don't take a nap today I'll be so tired that tonight I'll sleep like a baby. My dad and I are both bad sleepers, but my mom and brother, OMG I wish I was like that, they can fall asleep standing and if no one/alarm woke them up they'd be out until the next day.
Aside from that Wed, Thurs, and Fri are very ez workouts and then Saturday we make the drive over. My mom gets here Thursday and I'm soooo glad she could come. I'm really looking forward to this race and having her there is great.
I still have some last minute errands to run before leaving like taking the bike to the shop for a tune-up and deciding whether or not to use an aero drink/bottle. I've only used one at like 2 races when I first started triathlon. But since I took off my back bottle cages after Kona, and for Lubbock I'll only need one for water and one for carbo pro/sports drink, then it's either a single back cage or a front aero one, in addition to the already existing middle one. Also, (random) must get a hair cut!! I'm a mess and it'll feel a lot better under the hot sun ;)
That, plus chiro and massage and everything's set! I feel like I'm in the best shape I've been in since before Hawaii and can't wait to test out that course!!!!