Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sick Day #3

I'm slowly getting back to normal. What's annoying is that it's all respiratory crap, below my chest everything feels perfect. Today I had the Uptown 8km Post World Invitational Challenge and am really bummed I can't go. I'd be leaving right now for the race site :( Only 8 people in each age group were selected based on times to run the 8km course (they also have a 5km event open to anyone) shortly after the start of the elite runners wave, which features some world class peeps.
Hopefully today will be the last day of absolute rest, or maybe coach will let me do a swim later. I'm turning into a glob!!!!!!!!!
No matter what Monday I'm going to go see my allergy/asthma doc because this cough is ridiculous and I have be at 100% asap.
Next Friday we leave for Lonestar in Galveston so I'm crossing my fingers that missing this race and resting so much will have a positive effect.