Friday, January 11, 2008

Sweet Swim Surprise

Glad to say I'm over my cold :) It's good to get that out of the way before the season even starts and it makes me appreciate every opportunity to train all the more. Back on the trainer this morning which felt great and then I was really looking forward to swimming as it's so refreshing/relaxing a workout. However, I expected to be a little sloppy in the water after 3 days and being ill. To my surprise, I had one of the best swims ever! My 100s fast set I was swimming abnormaly faster than before. I can't explain why or how, but it was awesome.
Tomorrow I'm scheduled to do a 5k out at White Rock Lake...we'll see what my coach and I decide on this though as it's supposed to be cold race time and with my bronchials not 100% I'm not sure it's worth aggravating them. It's a bit of a bummer because I had been looking forward to this race all week as it's a pacing test for me to hit each mile as instructed.
Well, off to the bike shop!