Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year!

A great time was had on Christmas eve with my dad and bro. My mom & stepdad were having a large get together hosting my stepdad's family in our house and Daniel & I went with my dad to a family friend's house to celebrate his last Holiday in the US- as he will be moving to Cancun early next year. The company was wonderful, and we enjoyed some backgammon and pool. It was hard to stay awake past midnight drinking water though haha.

Yesterday Daniel and I opened our presents and hit the movies to see Sherlock Holmes- it was reall good! Today I'm uber refreshed as I promised myself to take 2 days OFF and then lightly finish off December training because Jan 1, 2010, the work begins.

I've decided to join the LifeSport team and am excited to see what I can do next year under coach Paul's guidance. They've worked with/developed numerous world champions both ITU and IM, so have no doubt I'm in good hands. For a while I thought of coaching myself but who was I kidding? I need direction and someone to tell me when it's too much.

Tomorrow is my last Sonterra brunch :D before heading home on the 30th. I'm thrilled that my H-1B visa got approved and it was perfect timing by my attorney to send me the notification email on xmas day! I have to get to SD to pick up my passport and fill out some paperwork before making the trip down to Monterrey early Jan and getting stamped by the Embassy...now I'll be able to travel outside the U.S. again!

Good stuff...hope everyone had a fab Christmas and that 2010 treats them well.